The Exeter VSimulator features in a brand new interview series launched by TechExeter, which includes insights into the facility from academic partners and technical experts.
The videos include a tour underground at the facility and an explanation of how it all works from the Senior Experimental Officer, interviews with biomechanists about their research using the facility and a ride on a virtual boat.
They were created during a day of filming with Kris Sum from TechExeter, which organises meet-ups, conference, hacks and events for the city's tech community.
The videos are available on You Tube via the links below and can also be viewed on TechExeter's Twitter feed at @TechExeter:
- Kris from TechExeter talks to James Bassitt, Senior Experimental Office at VSimulators about our Exeter facility https://youtu.be/f4RJzvW_42c
- Kris from TechExeter talks to Professor of Structural Dynamics James Brownjohn about our Exeter facility https://youtu.be/MRJU9l95OsU
- Dr Sharon Dixon, Associate Professor in Biomechanics talks to Kris from TechExeter about the biomechanics research being done at the University of Exeter and the VSimulators facility on Exeter Science Park. https://youtu.be/DCneSGPICUk
- Kris from TechExeter talks to Dr Jo Reeves, a Postdoctoral Research Associate at the University of Exeter about her footwear research for multi-directional sports like Tennis. https://youtu.be/0kEWkbWL-MU
- James Bassitt, Senior Experimental Office shows Kris from TechExeter the mechanics of their VSimulators platform in Exeter. https://youtu.be/-p7Cl37Xv-E
- We take a ride on a boat. Virtually of course! Part of the VSimulators facility on Exeter Science Park. https://youtu.be/4ZbtF6GVzoM